Good day Maicurlies,
I’ve reached the halfway mark of my Protective Style and Castor Oil challenge and I am still digging it!
You can read about my previous weeks here:
How did my third week go?
I must admit I sort of hit a little bump on the road in terms of how to style my hair but I figured something out in the end.
I did not plan properly, washed my hair late at night on Sunday and everything just got dragged out but I managed. Similar the my previous weeks I did 2 styles (kept the styles for 3 days each) and then washed my hair at the end of the week.
The styles I did were “flat twists” (I’ve mentioned before – flat twists and I are still trying to build a relationship) but I figured I would get to practice some more…
What Did I do?
- To start the week I had washed, Deep Conditioned, moisturized and sealed before twisting my hair into 5 chunky twists.
- Day 1 – After taking down the twists I massaged my Castor Oil Mix on my scalp, hairline, ends and put my hair in my first hairstyle: 3 really loose flat twists (one on either side of my head and one in the middle). I accessorized with different ribbons over the 3 days…to distract people from my not to neat flat twists.
- Day 3 – I reapplied my Castor Oil mix to my scalp, hairline and ends.
- Day 4 – I moisturized my hair with my DIY Spray Leave-In Conditioner and sealed with Rose infused Grapeseed Oil. I then put my hair into my second hair style: one loose big flat twist on the right and a two strand twist at the front which I pinned back to the right.
- Day 6 – I took down the flat twist at night, massaged my scalp, hairline and ends with the Castor Oil mix and pineappled my hair to sleep.
- Day 7 – Wash day routine and then got my hair ready to be set for week 4.
Castor Oil Challenge:
I used the oil 4 times and think I might stick with just applying it 4 times. I do not think my hair will be happy with me if it is coated even though I have diluted the Castor Oil…I know my limits :D. I have my recipe and a video of the mixing process here.
Again my hair felt great throughout the week: moisturized, soft, smooth, less tangles and shine galore! While I am not really looking to “grow out” my hair, I will admit that I am interested to see how much length I retained/gained at the end of the challenge.
Week 4 here I come!