Yes you read that right, DIY Flaxseed Spray Gel!
It is basically Flaxseed Gel that I dilute down to make it thin enough to pass through a spray pump and spray out evenly… nothing revolutionary but I LOVE it!
I have a video up explaining my process (below)
How I make it
- To make my mix I use my DIY Rosewater infused Flaxseed Gel recipe
You watch the video the “how to” video below:
Regular Flaxseed Gel Recipe
- 2 cups of Distilled Plain Water
- 1/2 cup Rosewater
- 1/2 cup Flax Seeds – (use less seeds if you want a thinner gel)
- 1 teaspoon Grapeseed oil (use any carrier oil of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Glycerin (optional – not everyone hair likes Glycerin)
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil (use any EO of choice)
Spray Flaxseed Gel Recipe
To make the Spray I then add extra
- Plain bottled water*
to thin it out and throw the mix in my blender. I add the liquids a little at a time.
*To water it down you can use any liquid of choice.
When making the spray, there are two things you need to make sure of:
- You are using a spray bottle that will evenly mist out the spray instead of “spit out” the gel.
- You have the right consistency so that the pipe of the spray will actually pickup the gel.
It might take a bit of trial and error till you find the right container and get the right consistency for your spray.
When do I use the spray?
- I like to use this on dry hair since it is gives a light hold so using it on wet hair would just further dilute down the gel.
- I use it to help tame flyaways
- Lightly holdup an updo
- When I do not want to dampen my hair with too much products (e.g. when my hair is stretched.
- When I want to have gentle hold on a twist-out with out resorting to using a lot of gel (e.g. if I need to touch up a twist-out but do not want to waste products on hair that will be washed in a day).
Do you use a spray gel? If so what do you use? I you try Flaxseed Spray Gel I would love to hear about your experiences!