- 0.8oz. of warm plain water (to help dissolve the Gelatine)
- 1.3oz. Unflavoured Gelatine
- 4oz. Conditioner (I prefer using a moisturizing conditioner so my hair is overloaded with protein)
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1.3oz hibiscus/green tea
- 0.2oz Coffee Infused Almond Oil (you can use any carrier oil)
There are 3 things I want to mention about my mix:
- This is a STRONG Protein DC so if you have protein sensitive hair this probably is NOT for you.
- This recipe includes non vegan/vegetarian friendly ingredients but you can replace them with other ingredients if you wish e.g. yogurt or even an overripe avocado that has been blended and passed through a sieve.
- ALWAYS follow up with a moisturizing DC afterwards to restore the moisture/protein balance in your hair.
- First sprinkle the Gelatine over the warm water and stir rigorously to make sure everything dissolves. (You could also sprinkle it over the warm hibiscus/green tea)
- Add the dissolved Gelatine to the conditioner.
- Add the egg yolk (I use the egg whites for breakfast so I don’t waste anything).
- Add the coffee infused almond oil (you can use any carrier oil).
- Slowly pour in the hibiscus/green tea.
- For good measure I pour my mix into a tall container to whisk (a tall container helps to avoid splashing) and that is it!
How I apply the Deep Conditioner:
I only apply this mix every 5 weeks on damp hair has has been cleansed. After application I cover my hair with a shower cap or clingfilm, followed by a plastic bag and an old scarf to help keep my head warm or a damp and lightly warm face cloth. DO NOT USE a steamer, heated cap etc. because it can cook the eggs in your hair! I leave the DC on my hair for 45 minutes to maximum 1 hour and then rinse it out and follow up with my Moisturizing Deep Conditioner to restore the elasticity balance in my hair.
Would love to hear what you think if you try this recipe!