Personally in my opinion buns are a form of protective style. Everyone has their own opinions and consider different looks as protective styles. The reasons why I consider buns as a protective styles are because:
- My ends are tucked away so there is less chances of them breaking or snapping off.
- My Hair is out of the way and not rubbing against my clothes which means they are less likely to snag or catch on my clothes.
- Once my hair is in a bun I leave it alone.
- I do not tie the hair bubble tight when doing the base (ponytail) so there is no strain or pressure on my roots. my hair.
- I lightly Oil the hair bubble so it is not dry and does not suck the moisture from were it is touching my hair.
I have made write-ups along with the pictures of the three main bun that I use (Just click each title below).
The buns I do look like this:
Regular Normal Bun
Faux Big Bun
Twist & Tuck Donut Bun
What type of bun do you do? Do you consider buns as a protective style? Thanks