If I were to explain ALL of the things I have tired with my skin I would end up writing novel! Now as always, please do not get my wrong, I have no deep seeded hate towards commercial skin care products. However from my personal experience:
- Most products did nothing but break my skin out in spots or rashes (most not all).
- Some were too harsh my for sensitive skin (they would basically stop the production of natural oil (sebum) which just meant that my skin would do its damnedest to produce sebum and I would end up with 2X oily AND irritated skin).
- They were expensive and while I was experimenting to find a good product trail and error became expensive.
So when I decided that I wanted to integrate at least 80% natural products into my hair care I also made the mission for my Skin Care.
Now, before I start breaking down my own Skin Care Routines I have a few points that I think are important to note!
- I do not have “perfect flawless skin”. I however have noticed extreme improvements since I started using my own concoctions. I get fewer spots and I have not had any skin rashes.
- These methods are what have worked for ME. Just as no two people have the exact same fingerprints, nose shapes, eye shapes etc. we also have different skin needs, likes and dislikes and therefore not everything I do might work for you.
- If you are looking to incorporate Natural DIY products for your skin care EXPERIMENT! Experiment your heart out with the products you have at home. All of my products I use and experimented with I already had at home. The best thing is to do research online and find out more about the products you have at home because chances are they have multipurpose’s (good for hair, skin and internal use)!
IMPORTANT! If you have allergies to any of the ingredients I use DO NOT use them! I am not a Doctor, Physician nor a Cosmetologist. I am just providing information for educational purposes and any use thereof is solely at your own risk. The information contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment in any manner. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding any medical condition. Once you have done that, do patch tests before you put anything all over your face/body. Please consider this as my advice. You are responsible if you choose to follow some of my methods.
So let us get started! My whole Skin Care Routine consists of my night, day and weekly “Home Spa” Routines. You will find how I make/use each of my DIY products under their appropriate subheadings under the “Mai Skin Routines” tab.
Weekly Weekend “Home Spa”:
I have also put up some links on other natural DIY mixtures/tips that might interest you under the “Other DIY Skin Mixes“. Please keep in mind I am not a professional Cosmetologist nor a Doctor I just know what works for my skin. So please take all my suggestions as just that SUGGESTIONS and not medical advice.
What is your skin care routine?