Honey, Brown Sugar, Almond & Peppermint Scrub
I use Sugarcane Sugar (pure raw brown sugar), Honey, Almond Oil and Peppermint Essential Oil or my Lavender Essential Oil.
A scrub exfoliates old and dead skin making way for new, younger and healthier skin. Scrubs keep skin smooth and glowing by exposing new skin. While all this sounds AMAZING there are a few things to keep in mind. Too much of anything isn’t good for you and therefore it is important not to over exfoliate! While you want to remove the old skin cells you want to let your new skin regenerate. So basically if you exfoliate everyday you are basically scrubbing away soft, new and sensitive sink which can cause more damage than good. Also remember not to scrub too hard or your skin can get damaged and always avoid scrubbing around the eyes (the most sensitive part of our face!).
IMPORTANT! If you have allergies to any of the ingredients I use DO NOT use them! I am not a Doctor, Physician nor a Cosmetologist. I am just providing information for educational purposes and any use thereof is solely at your own risk. The information contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment in any manner. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding any medical condition. Once you have done that, do patch tests before you put anything all over your face/body. Please consider this as my advice. You are responsible if you choose to follow some of my methods.
- 1.5 cups Raw unrefined Sugarcane Sugar (brown sugar)
- 5 tablespoons Pure Honey
- 1/3 cup Almond Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil or Lavender (optional)
- A Container
- I first put 1.5 cups of Sugarcane Sugar (brown sugar) in a bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup of Almond Oil.
- I measure 5 tablespoons of Honey and mix.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Glycerin
- A couple of drops of Lavender Essential Oil is the last ingredient. I mix and then transfer to my container.
How it is applied:
- I moisten my face with water.
- I scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the scrub and slowly and gently scrub my face in circular motions scrubbing a little more over my forehead, noses, and chin (avoiding the area around my eyes completely).
- After a good 2 minutes of scrubbing I splash my face with water.
- I pat my face dry with a face cloth and move onto my Body Butter bar or Moisturizer.
I also use this scrub for my body when I am in the shower.
Pingback: DIY Face & Body Sugar Scrub up on YouTube | Maicurls
Pingback: Skin Care Written Up | Maicurls