This is my second to last Infused Oil (I promise)
I already wrote about Neem and the benefits of Neem Infused Oil over here. To summarize:
- It contains antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties
- Eases skin irritations, rashes, itchiness and is said to help ease eczema (I am not a doctor nor a dermatologist therefore always check with a professional).
- Reduces the appearance of light burns and scars
- Helps reduce hair shedding & breakage
- Known to help slow down premature graying & the appearance of grey hairs
- Naturally and gradually darkens the hair
- Provides the hair with shine & luster
- Promotes hair growth.
- Measuring cups
- 1.5 cups of dried Neem Leaves (you can use powder e.g. 1/4 cup*)
- 2 cups of Virgin Coconut Oil (you can use any oil of choice)
- 8 drops grapefruit essential oil (optional – you can use any oil of choice but if you are pregnant do not use any essential oil).
*If you use the powder I would recommend putting it in a coffee filter or cheese cloth to help keep the oil and powder separate.
NOTE: I am not a dermatologist nor a doctor. I provide this for informational purposes only so please consult with a professional before you apply anything new to your skin or hair. Should you be taking medication or creams from a medical professional please do not replace that with my DIY recipe – consult your medical professional first! If you are allergic to any of the ingredients I use do not use them. Do a small patch test on the inside of your arm when trying anything new before applying it all over your hair/skin. Always ensure to dilute the Essential Oils (EO) in a carrier oil as they can cause skin irritations if used undiluted. If you are pregnant you should NOT use any EO.
If you try this please let me know how it turns out. If you make your own Infused Neem Oil I would love to hear from you!