I have been busy trying to record videos back to back because I will be out of the country in 2 weeks (on holidayaaayyyy) so please forgive my delays.
Today I am going to be sharing a new Skin DIY! And yes, the title of the post gives it away, it will be a face mask that helps to detoxify the skin.
- Brightens the skin (NOT LIGHTENS but brightens).
- Leaves you with a youthful glowy finish.
- Helps reduce redness.
- Soothes the skin.
- Helps to remove toxins in the skin.
- Helps to remove dead skin cells.
- Closes the pores.
- Leaves your face smooth and soft.
- 0.8oz Amla Powder
- 1.4oz Water (I use plain bottled water)
- 0.5oz Rose Water
- 0.4oz Natural/Raw Honey
- Squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Capsules Vitamin E Oil (roughly 0.15oz)
- (Optional) Essential Oil
- Clean and disinfected Bowl
- Clean and disinfected spoon
- Gloves (optional to keep things sanitized)
I add both the water and rose water a little at a time to the amla powder while continuously stirring. I then add the honey, lemon juice and Vitamin E Oil (Essential Oil if using).
- Should you not have access to rose water, you can just replace it with plain water.
- Natural/Raw Honey can be replaced with Agave Nectar or even Molasses.
I like to apply the mask onto makeup free skin that is slightly damp. I use my fingers to apply the mask AVOIDING THE EYE & EYEBROW AREA! Let the mask dry for 15 – 25 minutes, splash lukewarm water on my face and slowly wipe away the mask using a damp face cloth. I follow up with my toner & moisturizer. NOTE: as the mask dries it will start to tighten the skin, this is normal.
If you use this mask please let me know what you think!