I have been busy trying to record videos back to back because I will be out of the country in 2 weeks (on holidayaaayyyy) so please forgive my delays.
Today I am going to be sharing a new Skin DIY! And yes, the title of the post gives it away, it will be a face mask that helps to detoxify the skin.
- Brightens the skin (NOT LIGHTENS but brightens).
- Leaves you with a youthful glowy finish.
- Helps reduce redness.
- Soothes the skin.
- Helps to remove toxins in the skin.
- Helps to remove dead skin cells.
- Closes the pores.
- Leaves your face smooth and soft.
- 0.8oz Amla Powder
- 1.4oz Water (I use plain bottled water)
- 0.5oz Rose Water
- 0.4oz Natural/Raw Honey
- Squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Capsules Vitamin E Oil (roughly 0.15oz)
- (Optional) Essential Oil
- Clean and disinfected Bowl
- Clean and disinfected spoon
- Gloves (optional to keep things sanitized)
I add both the water and rose water a little at a time to the amla powder while continuously stirring. I then add the honey, lemon juice and Vitamin E Oil (Essential Oil if using).
- Should you not have access to rose water, you can just replace it with plain water.
- Natural/Raw Honey can be replaced with Agave Nectar or even Molasses.
I like to apply the mask onto makeup free skin that is slightly damp. I use my fingers to apply the mask AVOIDING THE EYE & EYEBROW AREA! Let the mask dry for 15 – 25 minutes, splash lukewarm water on my face and slowly wipe away the mask using a damp face cloth. I follow up with my toner & moisturizer. NOTE: as the mask dries it will start to tighten the skin, this is normal.
If you use this mask please let me know what you think!
This looks lovely!however,I don’t have amla powder.do you have any suggested replacements? Thanks : )
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! I suggest trying Shikakai or Aritha or any other Ayurvedic herbs actually. You also can of course use bentonite clay in place of the Amla.