Good Morning Maicurlies,
It has been a week since I started the Protective Style and Castor Oil Challenge setup in Napturally Curly.com’s forum.
How did my first week go?
It went really well! I enjoyed the fact that I didn’t have to do too much with my hair in the morning. I literally just fixed the top of my hair (I slept with a satin scarf which sort of helped keep down fly-aways). “Fixing” didn’t take long and I was out the door. My roots felt super soft and I only moisturized my hair 2 times the whole week.
What Did I do?
- I washed my hair the day before the challenge started (which was the 21st September), moisturized, sealed and then let it air dry in twists.
- Day 1 – First hairstly: After taking down the twists I massaged a little of my mixed Castor/Rose Infused Grapeseed Oil with Peppermint on my scalp, hairline and a tiny bit to my ends. This is the style I did for the first 3 days.
- Day 3 – I reapplied some castor oil mix to my scalp and hairline.
- Day4 – I re-moisturized my hair with my leave-in conditioner, again massaged my scalp and hairline with the castor mix and also put a dab on my ends and changed my hair style to this:
- Day 7 (yesterday) – Washed my hair and did a henna gloss;
I put my hair in twists to air dry, pinned them down for the night and will be styling my hair for the next 3 days!
Looking forward to the new week ahead!
Pingback: Final Thoughts & Results of 6 weeks of Protective Styles & Castor Oil Challenge | Maicurls
Pingback: Protective Style & Castor Oil Week 6 Update | Maicurls
Pingback: Protective Style & Castor Oil Week 5 Update | Maicurls
Pingback: Protective Style & Castor Oil Week 4 Update | Maicurls
Pingback: Protective Style & Castor Oil Week 3 Update | Maicurls
Pingback: Protective Style & Castor Oil Week 2 Update | Maicurls
Pingback: My Castor Oil Mix for the Castor Oil Challenge | Maicurls
Cute style, I love the twisted bun! Also nice to know that your castor oil challenge is going well. Can’t wait to keep up to date with your results!
Thank you! 😀
The challenge is going great…I really can’t wait till November to do an overall “check”.
I just checked your blog and subbed. BTW that frohawk is something fierce!!! Looks really good on you!
November is going to be an awesome time, can’t wait to see! And thanks boo for subbing, I’m subbing back 🙂
Thank you for sharing your experience with the challenge thus far, I really like your bun styles, they are so elegant!
Thank you Sen! Your motivation and support keeps us going…I know it keeps me going 😀