So today I figured I would do a post on the ” Hair Mists” I have experimented with during the course of my Natural Hair Journey. The basic recipe of the Hair Mists I have used consisted of water and Essential Oil. Usually:
- 1 cup of distilled or bottled water (based on the size of the spray bottle I use)
- 5 drops of essential oils
There are different kinds of Essential Oils one can use for different purposes. The Oils I have experimented with are:
- Known to promote growth by stimulating circulation
- Acts as an antiseptic for the scalp.
- Known to remove dandruff and lice.
- Help scalp irritation, dry skin and makes hair healthy and shiny.
- Known for its balancing, soothing, regenerative and antibacterial properties.
- Good treatment for dandruff and itchy scalps.
- Can help control hair breakage and improve hair growth.
- Known to help treat alopecia areata (a condition where you lose excessive hair in patches.)
- Can help reduce stress.
- Can help increase the thickness of the hair shaft to grow thicker hair.
- Can have a balancing effect on scalp oil production.
- Said to help with split ends.
Apart from the properties mentioned above I use the Hair Mist as a “nice smelling curl refresher” in the morning when I want to revitalize my curls instead of using plain water. Just shake up the spray bottle before you use it so that you distribute the Oil a little.
There you go Maicurlies! I would love to know what essential oils you use!